Close

Launch date for PC?

Is the launch date the same as the XBLA release (July 3)? The press release didn't say anything about the dates of the other platforms.

One quick question as well, that I couldn't find the answer for in the PDF. In the first release of TSP for PC, I knew that players were annoyed that weapon variants were not saved when reloading checkpoints, and that they were only given a variant the devs thought would be appropriate for the character they are currently playing as. I did not know if this was resolved in a later patch for TSP, but definitely want to know if it is resolved for Outbreak.

Also, I read in the PDF that you guys had sprint, roll, and cover mapped to one button. I suppose it is just a limitation of controller based input, but please give it proper playtesting (not make it bad like ie. Star Trek: TVG).

Game Director
    Hi testy,

We've yet to confirm a launch date for PC. Although we'd love to launch simultaneously on all platforms, we're a small studio and don't have the resources to do that, so we had to prioritize the platforms based on certain criteria (some of which was not in our control). Now that the XBLA version has launched (yay!!!), next up is the PS3 version, followed by PC and hopefully Mac. We'll provide release dates as soon as we're able to nail them down. Thanks for your patience.

Regarding the checkpoints, yes, now your inventory is saved per checkpoint whenever you pass a checkpoint, be it the first time or the 100th time. So, if you're reloading a checkpoint, you'll have the same inventory you had when you reached it a moment ago.

I haven't played ST:TVG, but we have worked hard to make sure that the Action button (sprint, roll & cover) functions smoothly and as expected depending on the situation.

I hope that answers your questions satisfactorily! :-)

Kind regards,
    Omar

Hi testy,

For the PC players around we also have a separate binding for the sprint key, so it's as smooth as possible!

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll probably give it a look when it comes out.

Good to know some of the issues have been looked at.

Since I can get a thread going in the PSN section...how about the PS3 release for this game? Any date in sight?

Game Director
    Hi Double_Wide,

Sorry for the late reply to your PS3 thread. I've answered you there!

Regards,
    Omar

Hey guys, thanks for launching this on Steam now, and I appreciate the gift you gave to previous owners like me. Just posting this to show that your work is seen.

One last thing, for other people reading as well, does the new version use Steamworks for MP (I don't have time to DL it right now)? The old version used Gamespy and that was pretty bad. If it is using Steamworks, hopefully the MP will live longer, as least longer than the XBLA version. EDIT: Well I check my profile page and it does seem like it uses some Steamworks features (ie. leaderboards).
    Last edited by testy; 04-02-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Game Director
    Hi again testy,

Yes, Scourge: Outbreak for Steam (both PC and Mac) uses SteamWorks instead of GameSpy. It took a long time to make this change, but it was definitely worth it!

Hope you enjoy it!

Regards,
    Omar